What is facial rejuvenation?
Facial rejuvenation is restoring youth and vibrancy to the face using a holistic approach. It includes a multitude of surgical and non-surgical interventions to counter the effects of aging, adverse environmental exposure, and gravity.
Facial aging is the primary cause of the descent of facial tissues and volume loss in certain fat pockets. It may lead to the hollowing of temples, droopiness of the brows, puffiness and wrinkles around the eyes, loss of volume around the cheek bones, deepening of the folds around the mouth (laugh lines and marionette lines), appearance of jowls, and sagging of skin under the chin and in the neck area.
On your consult day, Dr. Abolmaali performs a complete examination of your head and neck, including an assessment of your skin tone and signs of aging. After that, he provides you with his professional assessment to help you choose the right treatment plan, individualized for you.
The individualized plan may include facial resurfacing with laser or chemical peel, the use of non-invasive modalities such as neuromodulators (e.g. BOTOX®), and fillers. Surgical options such as a facelift and neck lift are usually reserved for more advanced cases. There are also less invasive procedures such as fat grafting to consider.
Who is a candidate for facial rejuvenation?
Anyone with signs of facial aging can consider a consult for facial rejuvenation. Signs of facial aging include:
- Loss of normal elasticity and skin tone
- Sagging skin and an abundance of wrinkles and creases
- Flattening of the cheeks and hollowness of the temples
- Fine wrinkles around the eyes and mouth
- Prominence of the folds around the mouth
- Appearance of jowls, sagging skin at the jawline
- Excess skin and wrinkles under the chin and in the neck area
- Separation of muscle fibers in the neck
If you have concerns about any signs of facial aging, Dr. Abolmaali can give you his professional advice on the best path to achieve your goals. The sooner people seek advice and treatment, the more likely they can avoid surgical intervention.
You are a candidate for facial rejuvenation if you:
- Care about your facial appearance and have some signs of facial aging
- Are a non-smoker
- Do not have any bleeding problems or take blood thinners
- Do not have any major medical problems
- Have realistic expectations and want to roll back the hands of time
What are different types of facial rejuvenation?
Broadly, facial rejuvenation can be divided in three categories:
- Surgical Procedures for Facial Rejuvenation: Depending on patient’s goals and objectives, surgical interventions are sometimes needed to restore health and beauty to the face. Here are some of the most sought-after procedures designed to enhance your appearance:
- Face lift
- Neck lift
- Eyelid surgery
- Brow lift
- Buccal fat pad removal
- Chin augmentation
- Cheek augmentation
- Smile enhancement
- Scar revisions
- Less Invasive Methods of Facial Rejuvenation: These procedures include office-based interventions which require minimal or no anesthesia. Depending on the procedure, the effects may last from months to years. Here is some of the less invasive procedures designed to improve your appearance:
- Neurotoxin injections e.g. Botox, Dysport, Xeomin
- Filler injections such as Restalane, Juvederm, Sculptra
- Laser resurfacing procedures
- Facial deep peels such as blue TCA peel, phenol peel
- Facial threads such as PD0
- Topical Creams, Facial Regimens: The use of proper, individualized facial regimens can have a significant effect on your face. These regimens can be combined with surgical or less invasive methods to boost their effect. Complaints such as fine lines, skin pigmentations, sun damage, pores, and tired looking skin can be all addressed with good quality, individualized facial regimens.